Tuesday, April 8, 2014

it's been too long, my friends.

YOU GUYS!

I remembered my password! Only took a handful of tries before I 'guessed' correctly! ;)

And that is why I haven't posted in well.. forrrrever.

Ok let's get down to business.. MY BEST FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED!!
I know, exciting stuff! Beyond exciting stuff! (& she's a blogger too - check her out y'all!)

So what do all best friends do? They plan a party, of course :)
Waaaay back in May, I surprised my 'sidekick' Kristin and her fiancĂ© Jeremy with a beach themed engagement party. Fun, right? The big engagement happened on the beach, so while I couldn't actually convince everyone to head to Florida just for an engagement party, I wanted to bring the beach to everyone here in Indiana, or at least try to. Okay. So let me just tell you - this theme was so easy.. bright colors, sand buckets, beach towels, shovels, sunscreen, beach balls.. let me repeat: so easy :)


And with any themed party, dressing up was a must.. I mean, right? {Although I'm still a little bitter that most didn't actually dress up - psh party poopers!} But me? I was all about it! I wore my bathing suit - Ok, I might have taken it a bit too far with that - but covered up with my favorite black beach dress, a fedora, and flip flops.




I was so comfortable. Cha-ching badda bing!

What's the best kind of party? In my opinion, A surprise party! 
{although I think someones mother (no names...mavis edison) spoiled that surprise haha!} 
The couple knew of the party but not of the theme or any details so in keeping them included in feeling like true Florida vacationers, I surprised Kristin and Jeremy with fun airbrush tshirts to wear. ;)




Aren't they so cute!
Remember going to Florida way back in the day and getting an airbrush tee with your name on it in front of a picture of a beach setting? no? well I did that every spring break, and then wore it to school that Monday after break. cool right! & since Kristin is my sidekick and often did it with me, I just haaad to get these made for this party. (which by the way, did you know no one does airbrush around here? must be out of style or something. who would have guessed! big thanks to a small company down in Greenwood for making these must-have tees!) 

With any beach party, you must serve easy beach style food right? The party goers stuffed their bellies (hopefully!) with mini cheeseburgers, potato chips (served in sand buckets of course), goldfish, veggie kabobs, flip flop cookies, fruit cups...

...Oh! And a yummy cocktail :)
(Can't wait till the warm weather returns so I can make this summer drink again!)






Lets talk decorations. My favorite might be the centerpiece. For the actual proposal, Jeremy wrote 'will you marry me?' in the sand during this memorable spring break trip. {And rumor has it, it took him a couple tries to get it just right. So cute!} So, while trying to bring the engagement back to Indiana, I got my creative juices flowing & wrote the big question in store-bought sand. :) My other favorites were the beach towels used as tablecloths, sand buckets used for snacks, sunscreen and floatation devices surrounding the food, beach balls hanging from the ceiling, and the list goes on...


A little fun fact - prior to the engagement, Jeremy teased poor Kristin with Ring Pops and insisted he would use those for the ring.. what a dude. so naturally, I had to have those around during the party. :)

I had so much fun planning this & I really appreciate everyone coming to support one of my favorite couples! I am soooo happy for Kirk & truly believe she has met her other half! Their big day is this June and I am beyond excited! Too soon to start counting the days? Nah! We're at 74 ;)



Now on to plan the bridal shower with Aly - the MOH! :)
XO



 photo jennsig_zpsad0a8c18.jpg

1 comment:

  1. If you have such a question, you are in the right place. If you read this post, you’ll know more about Cappuccino than most people. You can easily buy coffee beans online !

    ReplyDelete